Announce this!

stealth
Junior Cowboy

Announce this!

Post by stealth »

I still amazes me how many people on IRC still use mp3 announcers. Sure these features were the beez neez a few years ago when every prick was writing a MIRC script.

But really, who gives a s<b>***</b> about what some pimply faced geek is playing on the other side of the world. Me for one, hence why I am starting PAMA - People Against MP3 Announcers to rid IRC of worthless mp3 babble.

Join me in this quest and you will be granted a license to verbally bash all those who use mp3 announcers.

Viva La Resistance.
^c exit

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

Haha. I agree. Announcing the music you're playing in a channel can get rather annoying. However, certain scripts allow for the DCC send automatically. I find that to be decent. Otherwise, I see no reason to spew forth your music selection.

Jenn
Newby Cowboy

Post by Jenn »

O_o, k you have officially hit the asshole mark stealth :s (he will know what i'm talking about) but anyway, I do find mp3 announcers annoying as well, and without the option of being able to leech what ppl are playing, I find them kind of pointless, but it's not worth getting your panties in a bunch now is it :P

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

"You go, girl!". :D

stealth
Junior Cowboy

Post by stealth »

Haha.

First, I don't wear panties. It's boxers or nothing.

and Second, ek stop being on her side. Turd
^c exit

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

Haha. I've never been one to choose sides. You know that. But, I don't see anything wrong with the announcer as long as there's a reason for it. IE: Sharing or the like.