seting up ircd config files

nethic
Newby Cowboy

seting up ircd config files

Post by nethic »

ya i need help on making a ircd config file not like a whole script or something just maybe some pointers on how to do it i kow perl and that's what i would most likly code it in right ? or am i wrong .let me know if you have any ideas .ty

:)

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

Well, depending on the IRCd, usually they already have a pre-made configuration file for you to use. All you do is adjust the information inside. Look in your ircd/etc directory for a file named something like "ircd.conf.sample" or "ircd.conf-dist", etc... It's bound to be around.

However, if you can't find the sample configuration file, just fill us in with more information as to what IRCd you're using, it's version, the OS you plan on running it, etc...

Hope this helps.

nethic
Newby Cowboy

Post by nethic »

thanx ek i will look for the files , and edit them and the ircd i'm using is UNREALIRCD ,
also the wine commaNd does this work on all windows progs or will i have to code some of them to fit ? thanx 4 d4 h31p
:cool:

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

I'm not big on UnrealIRCd. I happen to not like it much. But, they all work basically the same when it comes to configuration.

About WinE, once it's installed it will run a majority of Win Apps. But, it won't run anything that needs Window's base system like some *.dlls or *.sys files.

Hope that helps.