more linux

nethic
Newby Cowboy

more linux

Post by nethic »

ok first up , mandrake updates . they won't install or i should say won't download and it won't show me any of them that i need , now when i installed mandrake the first time it let went to a atuo updater while installin it , now the second time it dosn't , i did everything the exact same way i did the first time , and when i do add the ftp server manulay it say's not a medium , so ok i add it to my software media manager . then when i goto mandrakeupdate it do's nothing but say it can't download s<b>***</b> with a "unable to add medium, errors reported:urpmi database locked " now does this have to do with me or the ftp server ?
., hit me back guy's thanx :)

stealth
Junior Cowboy

Post by stealth »

are you doing this as root?
^c exit

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

I would take stealth's advice. Check if you're logged in as root. You [b]MUST[/b] logged in as root to install anything.

Otherwise, I would say that Linux Mandrake is 100% useless. Update your system to something worth using. :D (Just a matter of opinion)

Regards,
Janky Jay III

nethic
Newby Cowboy

Post by nethic »

ya i'm doing it as root . but i mostly think it did thenm when it installed buty i'm not sure cause i read up on it and i was doing every thing correctly thanx guys 4 th3 help
:D

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

No problem.