SuSe....don't use it! hey wait...what should I use?

Loki
Newby Cowboy

SuSe....don't use it! hey wait...what should I use?

Post by Loki »

I've tried 3 versions of SuSe, 2 "pro" type editions and one "home user" type edition. Honestly it has great potential however I must say I cannot reccomend it. Every one I have tried has had one "minor problem" which has caused MAJOR issues with usability of the OS.
I need to find a linux worth using.
When I grow up I want to DIE so I can be reincarneted as a child. They have all the fun.

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

Every tried Slackware Linux? Or perhaps a BSD?

Loki
Newby Cowboy

Post by Loki »

Naw, You already know my issue with BSD so far....never got X to work so I gave up too easily =x Damn newbies with no elite shell knowledge eh
When I grow up I want to DIE so I can be reincarneted as a child. They have all the fun.

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

Haha. Doesn't matter. However, I won't be able to help you much with Linux. =/ I haven't had the privledge of running any distrobution of Linux in a very long time.

Otherwise, if you end up going for BSD again, I'll be more than happy to help ya' out.

Loki
Newby Cowboy

Post by Loki »

Yeah, Linux is pretty easy to install in most cases. easier than BSD in many.

stealth
Junior Cowboy

Post by stealth »

A few mates of mine use Gentoo and love it. Seems to be quite a good distro. Has a bastardised FreeBSD Ports system called portage which is cool. Give it a go.
^c exit

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

I've heard Gentoo has serious problems with updates and keeping certain apps clean. "Package wars" if you will... And there are a few issues a lot of people have with Gentoo's userland as well. But, I'm not really one to talk being as I've never used it.

However, if any of you can fill me in with the info on issues above, please feel free! I'm pretty curious. :D

Janky Jay III

stealth
Junior Cowboy

Post by stealth »

linux IS for bitches
^c exit

eekay
Administrator

Post by eekay »

*thumbs up* \o/